Thursday, May 20, 2004

Here we go again...

So the next that after noon we went to a place to receive foot reflexology, basically a full body massage emphasizing the pressure points on your feet, not only a great way to start practicing our chinese but soo relaxing. I really needed it after the uncomfortable plane sleep. We slept for over 12 hours that night on rock hard beds, but that didnt matter! The next day we were ready to go to tour more temples and parks.. many great views and awesome picture opportunities. Hopefully once my computer works in my room I can send some out! Beijing was an experience, especiall because the people there treated us like movies stars...not only staring but taking pictures of us!

Sunday we headed to Tianjin, where we currently are studying at Nankai University! We have a great view from our view of the main street with horns sounding throughout the night. It better then the construction that the rest of our groups has to deal with on the other side.. since Tianjin is developing quickly for their 100th year anniversary and the Olympics that will be near in 2008. Pretty neat! Everywhere here and Beijing is pretty dusty.. I have to wash my feet probably two to three times a day. Basically it never rains here and is soo hot, so the dirt is never washed away. Class is going well I have already had two tests... done ok....

More to come later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home