Saturday, May 29, 2004

Purple lights in the barbershop

Haha...ok so more about XiAn...this is reason..we experienced it all..So Friday night after our awesome day of touring..we showered and were ready to go for a walk.. doing a little mai dongxi (shopping)...and find ice cream (which is really popular in China..which I thought was odd) anywho.. and we must walked they wrong way...although we found ice cream.. we sure did find many other things that showed us a little bit more then we needed to know about XiAn... So we walked by a ton of restaurants and everything was great.. but then we decided to walk back the other way and found some interesting barbershops...with fluorescent purple lights and girls opening the doors to every guy trying to get them to come in... needless to say the barbershop was a definite cover up. We got scared and walked a little fast back to the hotel... ahh about a minute away so we were ok (MOM)... but just wanted to make sure we got away from the scary part of town.. So yeah we saw everything...

That night too I bargained like crazy and bought huge paintings that were originally around 550 yuan and we got three for 100 yuan each... which is like a little over 10 dollars at home... I also got another really cool hard to explain souvenir for 100 yuan and saw the next day that it was worth 1540 yuan... great bargain! I don't know if I will every get back in the swing of things being so expensive at home.

Saturday was a easy touring day... we went to this huge seven stories high pagoda.. and experienced more Buddhism firsthand. Needless to say I paid my homage to the Buddhas, so hopefully I will receive my prays... Also Kristen and I climbed to the top of the pagoda and Li Lao Shi (my Chinese professor) said that it barging good luck and high promotion in your career.. SO WATCHOUT.. I am going to be a successful business woman!!!!

Well, that about it right now... I just got package from my mommy with some survival food!!! So exciting...tell y'all more later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home