Wednesday, June 09, 2004

If you can't stand the heat...

GET OUT OF CHINA!! Man.. you would not believe how hot it is here!!!
Kristin had a good comparison.. it is kinda of like when you open the oven and the heat hits you in the face, while that is how hot it here, but you can't get away from it. You walk like ten feet and you are covered in sweat! I must admit it is a bit gross. We always try to do fun things everyday.. but with the heat it is hard to walk even across the street!!

We haven't been doing to much around here in Tianjin. We have two free weekends in a row from traveling, so last weekend we hung around Tianjin and went to our restaurant... Ali Babas yi bian he pijiu yi bian da puka... drank and played cards!! So fun... Kristin, Josh, Nick and I could not stop laughing the next afternoon about the things we talked about, said or how we tried to steal a boat without oars so we could somehow get to the middle of the pond?!?! I don't know it was great. Looking at that and our Saturday night of once again just playing cards and watching a movie, it might seem like we don't have fun, but laughing every two seconds is the best for me!

OH yeah!! During the day Saturday, Kristin and I decided to find our way to SUBWAY.. yes they do have subway here.. and well it was great.. riding the bus and walking a few blocks to be rewarded with an American Subway sandwich... BUT then.. we were like oh there is a McDs nextdoor, so lets get a sundae..nothing better then that.. UNTIL Kristin got attacked by a homeless man.. ok well she is fine.. But this guy decided to grab our arms.. I pulled away and he continued to corner Kristin by the McDs and she pushed him away.. AND he pushed her BACK!!! WHAT!?!? Does that happen?? Well, in China it does. Luckily we were both by different entrances of the McDs and we looked at each other and jumped in the doors! We were safe... that is what we thought! Ahh so we got our sundaes (exactly the same) and sat down... soon after the man decided to come bang on the window next to us and yell and flick us off... hmm interesting.. We just stared at each other.. WOW! Well he eventually walked down the street and bothered some other man by trying to wash his car window. A nice other homeless lady knocked on the window and basically told us he was gone! We gathered all our change, gave it to her and beelined for the bus! Man was that intense!!

We also went to a few temples this past weekend in Tianjin, because we felt like we didn't know much about the culture here compared to the many other places we have gone. It was interesting.. 600 years old.. needless to say run down but interesting to learn about.. and shop around the antiques outside!

This weekend we are heading to the BEACH!! I am super excited! I bet the coastline is beautiful! I will let you know what happens!
Oh wait I forgot to tell you we found a Dairy Queen..
DON'T BELIEVE ME... I took a picture! HA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home